Line

Line
   "I write because I do not know what I think until I read what I say."                                                             -Flannery O' Connor

Line2

Line2

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Birthday Blunder

Hello Folks! 

This summer has been pretty packed jumping here to there across the states. From California to New Jersey, New Jersey to Texas, Texas to Massachusetts, and finally Massachusetts back to California (although, the latter hasn't happened yet).

Currently, I am in Massachusetts visiting my beloved family and the few friends that I have here. However, most of my family members are working and all my friends have started school already. So... I'm just being a little ol' potato (truth be told... potatoes are probably more active than me).

Yesterday was my eldest brother Kenny's birthday! He turned 28. Wow! Has time flown or what?!

My brother doesn't really care for the whole birthday scene and all the shenanigans that come along with it. He doesn't really like to receive gifts or anything so... I decided to just get him a simple card and write something really nice inside. Plus, his girlfriend, my other brother Keven, and I decided to throw him a little surprise later even if he is not that into it. Moments like these call for Target! Or How I would like to call it, "Tar-zhay".

I quickly paced to the birthday card section of Target and perused through the available options. Sparkly cards with glitter, nope. Cards that sing, no thank you. Cards with extremely long cursive verses that are beyond sentimental, nopety nope. I just needed something simple with a short verse that was mildly funny; I'll leave the sentimental words to myself thank you. 

After a bit of searching in the "BROTHER'S BIRTHDAY" section I spotted a card that looked like it was written on wood. If you know me, I am absolutely obsessed with the way wood and tree bark look (have you seen my log pillow??). So naturally I was drawn to read what it said inside. After I read it I thought it was nice, just what he would like, and purchased it right away.

When I went back to my brother's place to write my heartfelt thoughts about him being my geeky brother I realized that I bought. the. wrong. card.

From context you could probably tell that this card is written and directed towards a BROTHER-IN-LAW (face desk... see the red marks). 

Note: That cursive in the lower right part is what I wrote just before I realized I shouldn't have bought this card...

Anyway, I guess it's the thought that counts?



No comments:

Post a Comment