Line

Line
   "I write because I do not know what I think until I read what I say."                                                             -Flannery O' Connor

Line2

Line2

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Winner?! || September Diary

Greetings to all!

So as you may know, I'm now in Massachusetts! This past Friday was really fantastic, seriously it was. My cousin Molica and my housemate of four years, Christine (who now lives in MA), decided to spend this past Friday together exploring Boston.

It was most definitely awesomazing (don't sue me for using this word... I saw it on a poster at the train station).

Our original plan for the day was to eat lunch around Faneuil Hall and go to the Museum of Science (BECAUSE WHO DOESN'T LOVE SCIENCE?). However, the prices (including the special exhibit) was $29 smackeroos. Too much money for poor college students. As much as I love the wonders of science and learning about the science behind Pixar, I enjoy being somewhat frugal as well. So we decided the Museum of Fine Arts would do. It's still pricey, around $23, but at least it's cheaper than $29. After the Museum of Fine Arts, we'd mosey on down to Newbury street for some good ol' window shopping and then dinner at China Town.

And so our day began.

I took the train, or T as Bostonians would say, to Faneuil Hall Market Place to meet up with the others. I have a love and hate relationship with Faneuil Hall... I love the plethora of food shops in Quincy Market but hate it as well. I hate it because I'm the most indecisive person ever and can never choose what to get (*shrugs*). Another thing I love and hate are the cobble stones. There's so much beauty and history, but clumsiness and cobble stones do not work together sadly...

After we all arrived we perused the available food options; I finally decided to grab a lobster roll and clam chowder.
When we were done eating we walked around the shops. It was then when I received a message via Facebook from the Museum of Science.

FLASHBACK: About a week before this I signed up for a raffle to win 4 free tickets to the Museum of Science. The raffle involved writing a simple comment of your favorite Pixar movie and why. I didn't think too much of this and decided to give it a shot. I actually forgot about the whole contest until I got the message.

The message was notifying me to check my fb inbox. My heart was beating so fast, I let out the loudest shrill you can possibly imagine.




I couldn't contain myself and began to ask all these questions, "DOES THIS MEAN I WON??", "WHY ELSE WOULD THEY TELL ME TO CHECK MY INBOX??", "ARE THEY SURE THEY HAVE THE RIGHT PERSON??"

After a few minutes of shrieking from excitement and frantically searching for the message that confirmed my winning, I found it! Hence, 4 free tickets. ME! I WON!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. I NEVER WIN ANYTHING ('tis the truth I tell yah).

They let me pick up the tickets directly.
I was filled with so much excitement I was dancing everywhere as we were walking (on cobblestone too, and I didn't trip). That's two miracles in itself. 

The museum was really fantastic. When I was younger, I'd always go to field trips to this museum, so it brought back so many memories. 

Finally, we ended the day in China Town. We went to this restaurant called Crave which has really amazing chicken wings (although I realize we took pictures of everything except the wings...); I highly recommend.

Even though we didn't go according to our original plan the day was filled with tons of food, a lot of walking, surprises (that will probably never happen again), and the company of some awesomazing people. 

Anyway, I'll let pictures do the rest of the talking for now.


Too many decisions!

Delicious.

Friends&family, or should I say Friend&family...

This is right after I won!

:O!

I love free things <3

"Look Mah, Engineering!"

"I'm trapped!"

mmmm, Salmon.

mmm, more salmon.

Did someone say oysters?

Parmesan truffle fries are AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment