Line

Line
   "I write because I do not know what I think until I read what I say."                                                             -Flannery O' Connor

Line2

Line2

Saturday, October 10, 2015

8 Short Books You Should Read || October Diary

Hi-yo Everyone!

"Reading is like traveling without having to leave your bed."

I'm an avid book reader. I love classic authors such as Charlotte Bronte, Jane Austen, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Charles Dickens, the list goes on. By the way, if you have suggestions on a book I should read, my arms are wide open.

Sadly, given the fact that I'm a student I don't have as much time as I would like to just throw myself into a new adventure bound by the pages of a hardcover. However, there are some books that I absolutely adore that you could finish fairly quickly. Some are short stories, some provide inspirational quotes and anecdotes that will warm anyone's heart.

So, here are some of my favorites that you can read if you don't have much time.

1. The Little Prince
by: Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
This has to be one of my favorite books of all time. It is technically considered a children's book, but believe me it's so thought-provoking for adults as well. If you haven't read this children's classic, please do me a favor, stop reading this post and go buy the book now! This was actually a gift given to me and I loved it.

2. Pausitivity
by: M.H. Clark
A little gem for those times when your life gets so busy and out of whack. Originally, I purchased this book because of the MOST AMAZING pun, but as I read all the inspiration quotes from the book it drew me in to consider taking a pause every now and then.

4. Celebrating You
by: M.H. Clark
Need I say more? M.H. Clark does it again. For myself, I feel like I fill my head with a lot of negativity and tend to put myself down. However, this book reminds me that even the smallest accomplishments should be celebrated. There's nothing wrong with having a little bit of confidence in yourself.

5. What Do You Do With an Idea? 
by: Kobi Yamada
Sometimes we have bonkers ideas and are timid to share our crazy thoughts with others. I found this little treasure to be so rousing in reminding us that everything starts with an idea, no matter how insane it may seem. So if you're curious with the age old question, "what do you do with an idea", seriously check this out.

6. Tuesdays With Morrie
by: Mitch Albom
An absolute favorite (I say that a lot don't I, but it's true). This is a little bit longer than the other ones, but can be definitely read in sections. However, I don't know how you'll put this book down because it's that fantastic. A conversation between mentor and mentee that will sure bring many things into perspective.

7. Be Happy
by: Monica Sheehan
Short and simple. This book provides succinct quotes to help you get through those down moments. If you're feeling blue, this book is for you (that unintentionally rhymed).

8. Oh, The Places You'll Go
by: Dr. Seuss
What a classic. If you haven't read this book yet then I think you need to reevaluate whether or not you've been living under a rock (apologies to starfish). No, but honestly, this book by Dr. Seuss is amazing. Sometimes we may feel like we can't achieve much, but boy o boy does this book remind us otherwise.

Cheers!
Po

No comments:

Post a Comment