Line

Line
   "I write because I do not know what I think until I read what I say."                                                             -Flannery O' Connor

Line2

Line2

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Spaghetti Sauce on My Homework || October Diary

How can that bowl be perfectly broken? 

Mornings are not my thing.

Luckily for me on Tuesdays and Thursdays I get to wake up extra early (cue sarcasm). Sadly, my first class begins at 7:30 am, is that even legal? I feel like I ask that question too often.

On the subject of 'asking questions' I was also wondering if maybe I should vlog these entries, because honestly that is what's happening here (what a horrible segue). You're just missing my intense FLUCTUATIONS. And the uhms and uhhs I say in between. Not that many people actually read this, do you, do they? Maybe I will sometime soon... or if you're actually reading this (thank you, by the way) could you in someway let me know? Through telepathy obviously, just kidding my radar is a bit off. Wait, where was I...

Ah, YES! So back to this morning, it was indeed early. Since I live off campus I need to commute via bus; so I'd have to wake up earlier at 6:30 am. Sometimes I can sneak in a 6:45 am wake up.

Yesterday I had been up all night working on one of my engineering assignments which only took about ten pages and a mountainous pile of eraser shavings to do (maybe a few tears too). My Tuesdays are pretty long, so I also made spaghetti to bring with me. Little did I know that this would be used against me. The homework was due promptly in the beginning of my 7:30 am class.

I was in a bit of a rush this coming morning so I packed my spaghetti in a presumably leak proof container (that I had too much faith in), dropped it in my backpack and dashed off to school. Do you see where I am going with this?

Late to class, great. I shyly walked to the nearest empty seat.

"Now, I just need to get my paper into the homework pile."

As I opened my bag an aroma similar to an Italian restaurant filled the air. Maybe I should use another description, my cooking isn't that great, but you get the point. Oh no... the container failed me. Tomato sauce was all inside my backpack, my notebooks were stained, and there were diced onion pieces floating around. I didn't care too much about that, I was more concerned with the  assignment I had to turn in. It looked like a bloody mess --the homework was 1/4 drenched in sauce.

What other choice did I have other than to turn the assignment in, it was already due! Thankfully, I had at least one napkin in my bag to wipe off the chunky bits from the assignment. So apologies to the Teacher Aid who has to grade my oily, spaghetti stained paper.

Lesson of the day? I suppose it could be 'don't trust your containers.' Well, you can trust yours, but don't trust mine.

On a brighter note at least I turned the assignment in.

No comments:

Post a Comment